[R] What parts of 'Statistical Models in S' are not applicable to R?

Peng Yu pengyu.ut at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 04:02:52 CET 2009

According to Amazon review, 'Statistical Models in S' is a key
reference for understanding the methods implemented in several of
S-PLUS' high-end statistical functions, including 'lm()', predict()',
'design()', 'aov()', 'glm()', 'gam()', 'loess()', 'tree()',
'burl.tree()', 'nls()' and 'ms()'.

But since it is for S, some part of the book may not be applicable to
R. Some examples (e.g. interaction.plot()) discussed in this book are
not available in R. Without, working examples, it is sometimes
difficult for me to understand the materials in the book.

Besides the functions mentioned in the Amazon review, could somebody
give me a hint on what chapters (or sections) in this book are not
appropriate to R?