[R] Introducing R to statisticians

Damjan Krstajic dkrstajic at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 11 16:26:17 CET 2009

Dear all,

I will present R language and R software environment to the Statistical Society of Serbia.

As I will doing it to professional statisticians it seems unneccesary to
me to present them how R language works in details. I am more
interested to present them with the latest facts regarding R (approximately number of users, number of add-on packages etc.) and in general why they should start using it.

I would be grateful if anyone could point to me a place where I can find the information. Also, any comparisons with other stats packages and languages would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

With kind regards
DK