[R] Partial correlations and p-values

dadrivr dadrivr at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 21:56:50 CET 2009

I'm trying to write code to calculate partial correlations (along with
p-values).  I'm new to R, and I don't know how to do this.  I have searched
and come across different functions, but I haven't been able to get any of
them to work (for example, pcor and pcor.test from the ggm package).

In the following example, I am trying to compute the correlation between x
and y, while controlling for z (partial correlation):

x <- c(1,20,14,7,9)
y <- c(5,6,7,9,10)
z <- c(13,27,16,5,4)

What function can I append to this to find this partial correlation?  Many
thanks!