[R] LINEAR MIXED EFFECT

ANARPCG a.gouveia07 at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Nov 12 11:43:07 CET 2009

Milton's point is dead-on, and I would highly encourage you to give the
posting guide a look.

That said... you might try "na.action = na.omit" in your call to...
actually, we don't know what function you are using (see first point).
Regardless, sounds like you have missing data and na.action is set to
na.fail (ie, "fail" if any missing data).

cheers, Dave

milton ruser wrote:

> Dear Ana Golveia,
>
> It is completelly impossible someone realise what kind or help you need or
> what is happening. I suggest you give a look on the posting guide, mainly
> that part about a minimum reproducible code with self explaining
> information, etc.
>
> Cheers
>
> milton
>
> On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 7:22 AM, ANARPCG <a.gouveia07 at imperial.ac.uk>
> wrote:
>

>> CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS
>> i HAVE TO DO A MIXED EFFECT LINEAR MODEL WITH MY DATA DUE TO THE FACT
>> THAT
>> have pseudoreplication!
>> Although after reading and trying it for several times can get around due
>> "Error in na.fail.default(list(date = c(1L, 2L, 3L, 4L, 5L, 6L, 7L, 8L,
>> :
>> missing values in object"
>> I uploaded my data file
>> Thank you so much
>> Kind regards
>> AG
>> http://old.nabble.com/file/p26300394/rawoctobercalciumexperiment2.txt
>> rawoctobercalciumexperiment2.txt
>>
>> --
>>

> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

> sorry I am new on this things
> the point is after trying to run the model all that happens is:
>> exp<-read.table(file=file.choose(),header=T)
>> attach(exp)
>> names(exp)
> [1] "group"     "date"      "diet"      "weight"    "thickness" "length"
> [7] "width"     "liplength" "lipwidth"
>> exp$diet=factor(exp$diet,levels=c("zeropercent","tenpercent","twentypercent","thirtypercent","fortypercent","cuttleprecent"))
>> exp=na.omit(exp)
>> library(nlme)
>> random=~date
>> model<-lme(weight~date*diet)
> Error in na.fail.default(list(date = c(1L, 2L, 3L, 4L, 5L, 6L, 7L, 8L,  :
>   missing values in object
>
>  I have pseudoreplications due to the fact that the measurements of the
> replicates have different starting points so I was advised to do lme. I
> never used it before and I cant get arround with it! the help I wanted
> from you is to help me to understand how to do a "runable" model!

http://old.nabble.com/file/p26315302/rawoctobercalciumexperiment2.txt
rawoctobercalciumexperiment2.txt