[R] Automatizing Simulation in R

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Thu Nov 12 16:22:55 CET 2009

On Nov 12, 2009, at 8:42 AM, Jeff Harring wrote:

> I have a question regarding automatizing simulation runs in R...

> I have 500 external data sets for a simulation study that I would
> like to bring into R to analyze. They have the names data1.dat,
> data2.dat, ..., dataN.dat
>
> Is there a way to automatize the bringing in of these data sets in R
> using the read.table function within a looping cycle?
>
> For example...
>
> for (j in 1:N){
> data_"j" = read.table("data"j".dat, header=F)

Perhaps something like this:

for (j in 1:N){
assign(paste("data", j, sep="_") ,  read.table( paste("data",j,".dat",
sep=""), header=F) }

Or even better might be to assign to a list which would augmentalize
your future automatizabilationabilty:

flist <- list()
for (j in 1:N){
flist[[j]] <- read.table( paste("data",j,".dat", sep=""), header=F) }

--
David

--

David Winsemius, MD