[R] Loadings and scores from fastICA?

Tony Plate tplate at acm.org
Thu Nov 12 19:41:32 CET 2009

ICA and PCA both model the data as a product of two matrices (usually
called something like components or loadings & weights or scores).  It's
how those matrices are constructed that differs.  PCA is often a first
step in doing ICA.  I'd suggest reading the ICA tutorial by *Aapo
Hyvärinen and Erkki Oja *
(http://www.cis.hut.fi/aapo/papers/IJCNN99_tutorialweb/) -- it's an
excellent introduction.

-- Tony Plate