[R] Auto execute R script

Jason Gasper Jason.Gasper at noaa.gov
Thu Nov 12 21:29:44 CET 2009

Greetings,
I am hoping someone can help me with a automation task.  I would like to
auto-run a script at a scheduled time each night. Basically, this
auto-run would would call sqlQuery() and save the results of some math
to a table- basically archiving a live database table.  Has anyone done
this before using R? Perhaps the way to approach this is through the
editor, but I don't see anything in Tinn that would provide this
capability.  Further the editor would need to be opened (which I guess
could be done through windows task scheduler) and the R code would then
need to be ran.

It seems clunky, but some of the statistics cannot easily be done in our
database environment.

Thanks-Jason