[R] R, NIH and FDA

Federico Calboli f.calboli at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Nov 13 13:31:41 CET 2009

On 13 Nov 2009, at 12:25, Barry Rowlingson wrote:
> "Working with" is different to "Working for". Assuming they want to
> work with you then they want you for your abilities and skills, and if
> those skills are with R then you go ahead and use R.
>
> You don't employ a bricklayer to build a wall and then tell them you
> want it made from reinforced concrete.

While I agree in principle I am not high enough in the food chain to
avoid substantial pressure, unless using R is already established.
Plus I'm working 'with' people who are either working 'for' or are
just a step removed from doing so.

Federico C. F. Calboli
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health
Imperial College, St. Mary's Campus
Norfolk Place, London W2 1PG

Tel +44 (0)20 75941602   Fax +44 (0)20 75943193

f.calboli [.a.t] imperial.ac.uk
f.calboli [.a.t] gmail.com