[R] Utility function to rotate log files?

Don MacQueen macq at llnl.gov
Fri Nov 13 20:20:03 CET 2009

I am wondering if there is a CRAN package that includes a utility
function that will "rotate" file names, in the same sense that
operating systems sometimes rotate log files. Or maybe there's
something in base R.

That is, we have a set of file names, say file1, file2, file3, and
when the function is called, file3 is deleted, file2 is renamed
file3, file1 is renamed file2, and the name of file1 is returned to
the user's script, which then writes to file1.

I've done some searching (RSiteSearch) but haven't found anything.

Thanks
-Don
--
Don MacQueen