[R] question about the lattice package

Marion Dumas mariouka at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 00:20:32 CET 2009

Hello,
I have a graphical problem:
I would like to change the labeling of the levels of the conditioning
factor in the plot below. Here, the labeling is done automatically by
the xyplot command (a cursor indicates the three levels and the name
of the variable is written out). Instead, I would like to have a
specific character string on each strip.
The command to generate the plot was very simple:
xyplot(Resin~Pt|Weather,data=sharout,panel.function=panel.smooth).
I tried to define a new strip function as well as modifying default
variables using strip.custom, but I could not get it to work.
Could somebody explain it to me?
Thank you very much!
Marion