[R] refactoring in R

Tobias Verbeke tobias.verbeke at openanalytics.be
Sat Nov 14 12:46:36 CET 2009

Hi Peng,

Some of the refactoring methods I identified back
then were integrated into Eclipse/StatET in the
mean time.

StatET by the way contains some extensions that were
not in the original proposal on that website.

For the announcement of the latest release, see

http://lists.r-forge.r-project.org/pipermail/statet-user/2009-September/000208.html

It is advisable to use it with the rJava version
referenced in the announcement (as rJava 0.8.*
had some non-backwards-compatible API changes).

A new StatET version (a.o. adapted to rJava 0.8.x)
is likely to be released on short notice.

If you want to keep up to date, there is a dedicated
mailing list at

HTH,
Tobias

P.S. The refactoring methods are available under the Source menu,
and there is one [simple rename] made available as a QuickFix (Ctrl+1).