[R] linear model and by()

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Sat Nov 14 15:28:35 CET 2009

On Nov 13, 2009, at 11:49 AM, Sam Albers wrote:

> Hello R list,

snipped answered question

> Sorry to not use your data but it's not in a form that lends itself
> very well to quick testing. If you had included the input commands I
> might have tried it.
>
> No problem not use my data. For future reference, would it have been
> easier to attach a .csv file and then include the appropriate
> read.csv command? I realized that the easier one makes it to help,
> the easier it is to get a response.

The Posting Guide suggests you include dump("x", file=stdout())

I have a simple x object in my workspace:

 > dump("x", file=stdout())
x <-
c(0, 0, 1, 1, 1, 1)

After reading again the Posting Guide, I am not sure about csv
attachments, but I can try a simple test. I am removing your address
(which probably would have accepted the attachment) and leaving only
the r-help address. If you see an attachment then csv's are accepted.

> snipped earlier data

> --
> Sam Albers
> Geography Program