[R] how to get the p-value in ctree?

Maxl18 maximilianwoerle at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 17 08:37:22 CET 2009

Hallo,

can anybody tell me how the ctree-algorithm derives the p-value.
I read the papers from hothorn, hornik and zeileis, but it is not clear for
me how to get the p-value.

I derived the teststatistic and want to get the appropriate p-value. As I
understand it, the p-value is some kind of normal-distribution, but with
which parameters?
Is this the right direction or am I totally wrong?

I hope my problem is clear and somone can help me...
Thanks a lot,

Max

P.S. Is there a possibility (in case of large data-sets of 400000 entries)
to get the exact p-value in R, which is not equal to 0 in every node of the
tree (that means e.g. 0.000000000001 instead of 0)?