[R] How to plot an image in R

Steve_Friedman at nps.gov Steve_Friedman at nps.gov
Tue Nov 17 14:26:46 CET 2009

You are going to have to subset the necdf dataset by dates or some other
logical aggregation scheme, and then plot.

Since the data is spatial, I would think that plotting could be achieved
with the image( ) function.

Good Luck

Steve Friedman Ph. D.
Spatial Statistical Analyst
Everglades and Dry Tortugas National Park
950 N Krome Ave (3rd Floor)
Homestead, Florida 33034

Steve_Friedman at nps.gov
Office (305) 224 - 4282
Fax     (305) 224 - 4147

             Izidine Pinto
             <izidinep at gmail.c
             Sent by:                  r-help at r-project.org
             r-help-bounces at r-                                          cc
             project.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       [R] How to plot an image in R
             11/17/2009 08:16
             AM

Dear all
Im new in R
I have a necdf data set that I want to plot :
this is my data set

[1] "file Tmax.DJF.daily.1981_1999.echama2.nc has 4 dimensions:"
[1] "longitude   Size: 127"
[1] "latitude   Size: 110"
[1] "ht   Size: 1"
[1] "t   Size: 1680"
[1] "------------------------"
[1] "file Tmax.DJF.daily.1981_1999.echama2.nc has 1 variables:"
[1] "float temp[longitude,latitude,ht,t]  Longname:TEMPERATURE AT 1.5M
Missval:2.00000004008175e+20"

I have done this but I dont know how to plot the graph.
data<-open.ncdf("Tmax.DJF.daily.1981_1999.echama2.nc")
lon<-get.var.ncdf(data,"longitude")
lat<-get.var.ncdf(data,"latitude")
temp<-get.var.ncdf(data,"temp")
time<-get.var.ncdf(data,"t")