[R] Normal distribution test

rkevinburton at charter.net rkevinburton at charter.net
Tue Nov 17 16:07:59 CET 2009

This is probably an even more basic question but shapiro.test return both the statistic (w) and the significance (pw) of the statistic. For this test the null-hypothesis is that the distirbution is not normal so very small values of pw would mean that there is very little chance that the distiribution is not normal. Correct?

Thank you.

Kevin