[R] Perform operations on dataframes called with paste in loops

separent separent at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 18 00:14:47 CET 2009

In a loop, I compose the name of a csv file using paste, then read it (e.g.,
dataset1.csv, dataset2.csv, etc). The name of the dataframe assigned to the
imported csv is also composed with paste (e.g., dataset1, dataset2, etc.).
Now I want to perform operations on the dataframes dataset1, dataset2, etc.
However, the paste function only renders a string on which I can not, for
example, do operations like
plot(paste("dataset",i,"[,1]",sep=""),paste("dataset",i,"[,2]",sep="")). How
could I call the dataframe instead of the string representing its name?