[R] Perform operations on dataframes called with paste in loops

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at imail.org
Wed Nov 18 22:03:54 CET 2009

There are a few options:

You can read the help page for the function that you used to assign names to the data frames when you read them in (the 'see also' section is there for a reason).

You can read the FAQ (7.21 to be specific, but the others could save you re-asking FAQs in the future)

You can take a better approach by reading all your data sets into a list (use lapply on the vector of names), then use lapply on the list of datasets and avoid all the future headache/heartache that will come from the approach you are trying.

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.
Statistical Data Center
greg.snow at imail.org