[R] [Follow-up] Re: PLoS, Arial, R & linux

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Thu Nov 19 14:22:07 CET 2009

On 19 November 2009 at 13:00, (Ted Harding) wrote:
| However,
| (a) I do not have the 'ttf2afm' program;
| (b) Synaptic cannot find it in the repositories.
|
| So, I'm off on another hunt!

i)   You should try to get over the 'Synaptic is the only interface to
     package' syndrome. It limits your ability to use your system to the
     fullest.

ii)  E.g. consider http://packages.debian.org/ which has the handy shortcut
     http://packages.debian.org/file:path for the search for paths ending in
     the keyword.

iii) This was another question for r-sig-debian, not r-help

iv)  You want the texlive-font-utils package as per ii) and
     http://packages.debian.org/search?searchon=contents&keywords=ttf2afm&mode=filename&suite=unstable&arch=any

Dirk