[R] symbol in the plot

gcheer3 gcheer3 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 05:37:05 CET 2009

a graph question. Thanks a lot in advance.

I made two scatterplots on one graph (sigma vs. delta1, sigma vs. delta2)
(20 observations of delta1, delta2 and corresponding sigma) the x-axis is
sigma, the y-axis is either delta1 or delta2. I connected both scatterplots.
To seperate them, one curves is a line with circles, the other curve is a
line with squares on it.

I want to make a notation either on the y-axis or on the graph. The notiaion
is "delta1--square; delta2--circle". So when people look at the graph, they
can easily tell each curve's meaning. The curve with squares on it means the
sigma vs. delta1, and the curve with circles on it means sigma vs. delta2. I
think I can use 'expression' to write delta1, delta2 and sigma in greek
letters, but I am not sure how to denote the square and cirle I graphed.