[R] how to specify the order of panels with xyplot

Deepayan Sarkar deepayan.sarkar at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 09:23:22 CET 2009

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 12:53 PM, Dan Kortschak
<dan.kortschak at adelaide.edu.au> wrote:
> I have sorted out how to do this - by much trial an error (a comment
> from Deepayan in a post some years ago pointed which way to go, though
> it took a lot of searching to find even where to start with it:
>
> I've bound the two sets of data together, making the relevant part an
> ordered factor. It's probably not the nicest way to do it, but it works.

Your example is not reproducible, so it's hard to suggest
alternatives. But it seems that your original 'chromosomes' data frame
has things in the right order, so a simple fix would be

chromosomes$name <- with(chromosomes, factor(name, levels = name))

-Deepayan