[R] read a file into a matrix

jim holtman jholtman at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 20:25:28 CET 2009

What is wrong with the "extra step"?  Is it taking too much time (you
did not specify that), is it taking too much memory?  How many times
are you going to be doing it?  If not many, then may be it is OK.  You
have to quantify what you are asking for.  It may take longer to send
a message to R-Help and get a response than to just read the file in
and process it.