[R] How to setup the tsp attribute of a dataset

Samik Raychaudhuri samikr at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 00:43:26 CET 2009

Looks like there is a difference between when I use frequency(x) vs.
when I use frequency(x.ts). If I try to get the tsp attribute of x by
using attr(x, "tsp"), it still shows up as NULL. When I looked at the
code of frequency() function (in stats), it seems to be looking at
attr(x, "tsp"), which is NULL, so the function returns 1.
Let me relate the context a bit. I am trying to use the function
forecast:nsdiffs to perform a Canova-Hansen test for a given dataset.
Even though I specify the seasonality, in an internal function,
frequency(x) is used to find seasonality, and since that value is 1 (as
I explained above: it looks at attr(x, "tsp")), the calculations do not
succeed.