[R] p.value OR F.value?

bbslover dluthm at yeah.net
Sat Nov 21 14:03:05 CET 2009

Hi,all friends,

Please help me understand this sentence below:
   “From this set, 858 columns not significantly correlated with the
response variable TBG at the 5% level were removed, leaving a set of 390
columns.”  and “ the F-test's value for the one-parameter correlation with
the descriptor is below 1.0” is equal??  I want to perform this above
sentence with R, how can I do?  I just try it below. but I do not know right
or wrong?

about the above sentence, my idea is like this  p.value<0.5, and i write a
code to perform it below:

xmat4<-xmat3[,apply(xmat3,2,function(.col)!all(var.test(.col,y)$p.value<0.05))]
, is right?  does the above sentence refer to p.value or F.value?  I do not
know, please help me!   And how can I get the F.value?

   About this sentence "A further 367 columns with variance below 1.0
kcal/mol were removed as recommended,16 leaving 23 columns."
my code below:
xmat3<-xmat2[,apply(xmat2,2,function(.col)!all(var(.col)<1))],  can I change
the var to sd?  I have tried it. They have the same result, generally
speaking, which one will be used to see the variation of the data?

Thank you!

kevin