[R] python

Paul Hiemstra p.hiemstra at geo.uu.nl
Sat Nov 21 15:56:14 CET 2009

Hi Jean,

You can integrate R and Python using RSPython or Rpy. But why would
Python be faster than R? Both are interpreted languages and probably
about as fast (please someone correct me if I'm wrong). It probably only
help if there is a C mcmc implementation linked to python (that you link
to R). Isn't there an mcmc package for R that uses a fast implementation
of mcmc? See also the Bayesian taskview [1].

cheers,
Paul

[1] http://cran.r-project.org/web/views/Bayesian.html