[R] mac os X: mprobit fails to install

Phil Spector spector at stat.berkeley.edu
Sun Nov 22 20:55:02 CET 2009

Stephane -
     The check log indicated that malloc.h couldn't be found.
Since that header file  is located  in /usr/include/sys on Macs,
you could do the following:

1.  Download mprobit_0.9-2.tar.gz from your local CRAN mirror.
2.  At a terminal, type

       PKG_CFLAGS=-I/usr/include/sys R CMD INSTALL mprobit_0.9-2.tar.gz

They'll be some warning messages, but the package should get built.

 					- Phil Spector
 					 Statistical Computing Facility
 					 Department of Statistics
 					 UC Berkeley