[R] heatmap.2 adapting the colour scale and text overlay

Daniel Brewer daniel.brewer at icr.ac.uk
Mon Nov 23 16:02:01 CET 2009

Hello,

I am using heatmap.2 from the gplots library to plot a small symmetrical
matrix.

This is the command:

heatmap.2(tempHeat,symm=T,trace="none",cexRow=0.7,cexCol=0.7,col="redgreen",density.info="none")

I have a couple of questions:
1) The range is from -0.2 to 0.4 and the colour scheme I am using is
redgreen.  What I would like is that a zero value to be black, 0.4
strong green and -0.2 red.  Is this possible?  At the moment around 0.1
is black.
2) Is it possible to overlay text on the squares of colour?  How ould
one go about doing that.

I am happy to use another heatmap function if ti would be better.  I am
not using the original heatmap as it does not provide a colour key.

Thanks

Dan
Daniel Brewer, Ph.D.

Institute of Cancer Research
Molecular Carcinogenesis
Email: daniel.brewer at icr.ac.uk

This e-mail message is confidential and for use by the a...{{dropped:2}}