[R] Loess Fit

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at imail.org
Mon Nov 23 22:03:11 CET 2009

If the client is always right, then what do they need us for?

If you need a function to reproducibly generate predictions, then use loess to generate a set of predictions for a reasonably dense set of x-values, then use approxfun or splinefun to create a function to interpolate for you.  Then this function can give the predictions for various x values.

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.
Statistical Data Center
greg.snow at imail.org