[R] Old Version of R - packages

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Tue Nov 24 14:17:20 CET 2009

Julia Cains wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Unfortunately the version loaded on the office server is 2.6.0 (for some undisclosed so called policy decision by my adamant IT dept. who are not willing to upgrade), I need to use YieldCurve package compatible with this version. On my standalone machine I have R 2.9 loaded and hence I have no problem in using the YieldCurve package.
>
> (a) Kindly guide how do I download the version of YieldCurve compatible with R 2.6.0

I guess you are talking about Windows? Of so: There is no binary for
such an old R version available.

Of course, you can compile from sources, given the package does not
actually depend on a newer version of R (which is not declared but not
that unlikely given the package did not even exist at the time  R-2.6.0
was recent).

> (b) If I want to upgrade to R 2.10 (for my standalone machine), how do I do it without losing my "packages" already loaded earlier i.e. if I upgrade to R 2.10, I don't wish to reinstall packages like lmom, lmomco, quantreg, YieldCurve etc.

See the manual "R Installation and Administration" as well as the FAQs.

Best,
Uwe Ligges