[R] Aquamacs/emacs and color of echo in R console 2!

Christian Hoffmann c-w.hoffmann at sunrise.ch
Tue Nov 24 23:13:45 CET 2009

Hi

Sorry, I forgot to state the version: GNU Emacs 22.3.1

I have been unable to find information on the following problem:

All the text in my *R* window is shown in light red, starting after the
echo "This is mgcv  1.5-6 . For overview type ", the following
`help("mgcv-package")' is already in the light red.

This color annoys me because I need more contrast, and it is even worse
for use with a beamer.

In the options menu I can open "Appearance" and then "Foreground color
for comint mode", but apart from the "[quit] in the upper left corner I
can see no hint how to make a choice, let alone make it permanent.

Or will I have to try "Appearance" > "Customize Aquamacs"?

M-x color-theme-select opens an empty frame with nothing to select from
(Hint given in http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/AquamacsFAQ)

What am I missing?

Thanks for help.

C.Hoffmann