[R] Grouped Barplot

Gary mail2garymiller at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 21:15:05 CET 2009

Thanks David. I reduced the data set and its copied below (also attached to
this email as text file). Now N=50, Only 2 years, Only 2 Cities. I tried:

foo<-read.table("SampleData.txt", header=TRUE)
boxplot(foo$admit ~ foo$city + foo$year, col=2:3)

I need some help with:
1) Defining labels for x-axis (just "2000" and "2001").
2) Removing gap between cities boxplots (but leaving gap between years).
3) Adding "MEAN" to the boxplots.
4) Adding legend including "color" + "city name".

city               year           admit
Asheville            2000               0
Asheville            2000               0
Asheville            2000               1
Asheville            2000               2
Asheville            2000               2
Asheville            2000               0
Asheville            2000               1
Asheville            2000               0
Asheville            2000               0
Asheville            2000               0
Asheville            2000               2
Asheville            2000               3
Asheville            2000               1
Asheville            2000               2
Asheville            2000               1
Asheville            2000               1
Asheville            2000               0
Asheville            2000               0
Asheville            2000               1
Asheville            2001               1
Asheville            2001               3
Asheville            2001               0
Asheville            2001               0
Asheville            2001               2
Asheville            2001               3
Asheville            2001               3
Charlotte            2000               5
Charlotte            2000               1
Charlotte            2000               0
Charlotte            2000               4
Charlotte            2000               1
Charlotte            2000               3
Charlotte            2000               0
Charlotte            2000               3
Charlotte            2000               3
Charlotte            2000               3
Charlotte            2000               2
Charlotte            2000               1
Charlotte            2000               1
Charlotte            2000               3
Charlotte            2001               1
Charlotte            2001               4
Charlotte            2001               2
Charlotte            2001               4
Charlotte            2001               3
Charlotte            2001               3
Charlotte            2001               1
Charlotte            2001               7
Charlotte            2001               4
Charlotte            2001               1

Sample: http://www.imachordata.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/boxplot.png

Thanks!