[R] R or C++ on FreeNX servers

Cedrick W. Johnson cedrick at cedrickjohnson.com
Wed Nov 25 22:09:04 CET 2009

All FreeNX allows you to do is access a regular linux machine using X
over SSH as opposed to ssh'ing in, redirecting the X-display back to
your local machine (running a xserver locally)..

You can install R on the machine(s) just as you would normally, and if
the machines are in some sort of clustered environment,  you could setup
the packages specifically available on linux for R to do that (snow,
multicore, etc...)

Check out FreeNX here http://freenx.berlios.de/

hth
-c