[R] Export kde object as shapefile

T.D.Rudolph prairie.picker at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 20:25:15 CET 2009

<Can you explain what you mean by "spatial area under the space" or
<what it is for which you think there is a well defined area in a
<ks:::kde object?

My knowledge is not extensive in this area but I am aware that kernel
methods can be used to estimate home range size.  The function kernel.area
in the adehabitat package, for example, produces a spatial area I interpret
as being equivalent to estimated home range size using one of two possible
smoothing parameters.  I would like to use the plug-in method because I am
convinced it will serve me best, but the ks package doesn't have a simple
option like "kde.area" that produces what I'm looking for.

< Some example data would, as always, be welcome.

Attached is an example subset of my data.  I've only gotten so far as to
produce the kde object and explore potential solutions.

tmp.Hpi<-Hpi(x=temp[,2:3])
tmp.kde<-kde(x=temp[,2:3], H=tmp.Hpi)

Tyler

http://old.nabble.com/file/p26533942/temp temp