[R] R 2.10 Line Type Issue...

David B. Thompson, Ph.D., P.E., D.WRE, CFM drdbthompson at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 18:51:49 CET 2009

Morning folks (at least here on the western side of the U.S.)...

This morning I constructed a contour plot of some bivariate
distributions I'm working with. When I attempted to add a second
contour to the plot using a dashed line (lty=2), R immediately went
off to la-la land, requiring a force-quit. I finally tied the problem
down to this statement:

contour(u,v,ci,levels=c(0.30),add=TRUE,lty=2)

I tried specifying lty="dash" as well without any change. The plot
works with no lty specification (but produces a solid line, of course).

In researching the issue, I learned that the demo, "demo(graphics)",
should produce a variety of lines on the first plot. On my system, the
first plot is completely blank.

My system: PowerMac dual-G5, Leopard 10.5.8, R 2.10 fresh install. I
attempted re-installing with no change.

Any ideas?

Thanks...

-=d