[R] How do I run to or more R consoles on Mac OS X?

Sharpie chuck at sharpsteen.net
Mon Nov 30 02:00:09 CET 2009

chronos.phenomena wrote:

> This is really annoying me... when I click R application icon it brings
> already opened session in the focus and it DOESN'T open new session....
>
> any ideas?

I don't think this is possible with R.app on OS X.  OS X applications do not
spawn separate processes if they are re-launched-- they pass focus to the
one that is already running.

However, you can access R from the OS X terminal and run as many different
sessions as you want.

Hope this helps!

-Charlie