[R] Learning R

Paul Hiemstra p.hiemstra at geo.uu.nl
Mon Nov 30 10:14:34 CET 2009

Hi Julia,

I would really recommend reading a book on R. A good option might by the
"Introductory statistics with R" by Peter Dalgaard, or the MASS (Modern
Applied Statistics with S) book. The advantage of a book is that it
presents a coherent overview, saving you time to wade through the
enormous amount of information available. The wiki, FAQ and such are far
more useful if you have a good understanding of the basics in R. What
also helps if to find someone at your work, university or such that has
experience with R. I learned a lot from colleagues, and now I can
sometimes helps someone else out.

cheers and good luck!
Paul

Julia Cains wrote:
> Dear R helpers,
>
> Almost 15 days back I have become member of this very active and wonderful group. So far I have been only raising  queries and in turn got them solved too and I really thank for the spirit this group member show when it comes to the guidance.
>
> I wish to learn R language and I have given 2 months time for this. Can anyone please guide me as how do I begin i.e. from basics to advance.
>
> R is such a vast thing to learn, so I wish to learn it step by step without getting lost at any stage.
>
> Please guide me where do I start and upgrade myself to higher level step by step.
>
> Regards
>
> Julia

> Only a man of Worth sees Worth in other men

> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Drs. Paul Hiemstra
Department of Physical Geography
Faculty of Geosciences