[R] Problem with Jri (rJava)

Javier Gil-Quijano javiergquijano at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 14:04:24 CET 2009

Hello,

I am a newbie using  the JRI java interface to R. Actually I have just
tried to use the examples provided in the rJava distribution.

Well, I have a problem when loading the jri native library  (see
bellow), indeed I have tried  both to compile the library and to use the
pre-compiled library that is available with the rJava distribution, but
I get the same error.

I work on Mac OS X with java 1.6, the java.library.path is well configured.

Thank you very much!

Javier

This is the error:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /../rJava/jri/libjri.jnilib:  no
suitable image found.  Did find:  /.../rJava/jri/libjri.jnilib: no
matching architecture in universal wrapper
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1881)
   at org.rosuda.JRI.Rengine.<clinit>(Rengine.java:17)
   at rtest.main(rtest.java:61)