[R] creating R roll in Centos OS

Marc Schwartz marc_schwartz at me.com
Thu Oct 1 14:05:04 CEST 2009

On Oct 1, 2009, at 2:44 AM, Sukhbir Rattan wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have Centos Operating System.
>
> I m installing R on it. For this I have to create roll of R.
>
> So, how to create the roll of R, regarding this what to be
> downloaded and
> from where?
>
> Plz help.
>
> By
> Sukhbir Singh Rattan.

If by "roll", you are referring to an RPM, they are available via the
"EPEL", which is a repository that provides RPMs for RHEL and CentOS.
More information is here:

   https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL

There are instructions for configuring your system to use the EPEL
(via 'yum') and how to download and install RPMs from it.

Once you get the EPEL configured on your system, you can install R by
using:

   sudo yum install R

HTH,

Marc Schwartz