[R] Re cursive regression

spencerg spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Sat Oct 3 01:59:19 CEST 2009

      There is a huge literature on time series analysis with many
functions and contributed packages in R, including many different ways
"to estimate a recursive model".

      If you are working with "asset returns", I suggest you start with
Diethelm Würtz, Yohan Chalabi, William Chen, Andrew Ellis (2009)
Portfolio Optimization with R/Rmetrics (www.rmetrics.org/ebook.htm) and
the companion Rmetrics bundle documented in that book.  You may also be
interested in Ruey Tsay (2005) Analysis of Financial Time Series (Wiley)
and the companion "FinTS" package on CRAN.  For recursive regression, I
suggest you consider Giovanni Petris, Sonia Petrone, and Patrizia
Campagnoli (2009) Dynamic Linear Models with R (Springer) and the
companion "dlm" package.

      There are many other books discussing time series mentioned on
"http://www.r-project.org/doc/bib/R-books.html".

      Beyond that, I suggest you acquaint yourself with the
"RSiteSearch" function an the "sos" package to help search capabilities
available in R.

      Hope this helps.
      Spencer Graves

--