[R] 3D polar plots

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Mon Oct 5 23:42:14 CEST 2009

Searching on "spherical coordinates" brings up quite a few hits in r-
search:

Try:
http://search.r-project.org/cgi-bin/namazu.cgi?query=%22spherical+coordinates%22&max=100&result=normal&sort=score&idxname=functions&idxname=Rhelp08&idxname=views&idxname=Rhelp02

The most relevant appears to be:

http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu/R/library/RFOC/html/00Index.html

A similar question was posed a couple of months ago and the answer was
that the responder was not aware of any but imagined that you would
end up using using rgl.

On Oct 5, 2009, at 4:31 PM, Shane B. wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am very new to R. I would like to plot astronomy data by right
> ascension, declination, and various "distance" values, such as
> redshift and comoving distance, in 3D. Is there any 3D polar plotting
> functions? I can't seam to locate any information on whether it exists
> or not.

David Winsemius, MD
Heritage Laboratories
West Hartford, CT