[R] Viewing specific data from a dataframe

Paul Hiemstra p.hiemstra at geo.uu.nl
Tue Oct 6 14:56:31 CEST 2009

Hi,

I'm not sure I understand what you want. This would have been easier if
you had provided a reproducible example. See the following code:

bla = matrix(runif(10000), 10, 10)
cor_bla = cor(bla, method = "spearman")

Now what do you want to select. All the variables that have a
correlation higher than 0.8 with any of the other variables, excluding
themselves? Or a correlation higher than 0.8 in contrast to one of the
variables, e.g. the third variable?

cheers,
Paul

Krystyna Golabek wrote:
> Dear R users,
>
> Simple question. Can anyone help with the code that would allow me to view only the variables who's correlation output is >0.8?
>
> This is the code I'm using to date
>
>> cor(data, method="spearman")
>>

> Kind regards
> Krys