[R] Is there a recent book on Q-Q plot and data visualization in general?

Paul Hiemstra p.hiemstra at geo.uu.nl
Tue Oct 6 16:50:50 CEST 2009

Hi Peng Yu,

Chapter 13 of the following book provides a good description of the
assumption done when using regression and other techniques. It also
discusses the QQplot.

@BOOK{Christensen1996,
  title = {Plane Answers to Complex Questions: The Theory of Linear Models},
  publisher = {Springer, New York},
  year = {1996},
  author = {Ronald Christensen},
  edition = {Second},
  note = {496p},
}

cheers,
Paul

Peng Yu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to look for some detailed explanation on the properties of Q-Q
> plot and how the properties are derived.
>
> In R, there is the following reference.
> Becker, R. A., Chambers, J. M. and Wilks, A. R. (1988) The New S
> Language. Wadsworth & Brooks/Cole.
>
> Somebody also mentioned the following book chapter to me.
> Chambers et al., Graphical methods for Data Analysis, Ch.6.
>
> But both books are old. I'm wondering if there is any more recent
> (therefore, maybe better) books for Q-Q plot, and data visualization
> in general.
>
> Regards,
> Peng

Drs. Paul Hiemstra