[R] Letter-based representation of pairwise comparisons

retama retama1745 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 16:33:11 CEST 2009

Hello:

That's because the required input should be a symmetric matrix with all the
comparisons, e.g., it should have the self-comparisons diagonal. In an
hypotetical case with two treatments, the pairwise-comparison test output is
something like that:

        A B
B 0.80    -

but multcompView requires an input like that one:

 A B
A 1 -
B 0.80 1

That means you should add a new row and column for your missing treatments
and, then, a diagonal of "1"s meaning that each treatment compared with
itself will result in a p-value of 1 (maximal identity). Then, the new
matrix could be piped succesfully.

Regards,

Retama