[R] Vim-R-plugin (new version)

Andrew Choens andy.choens at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 03:15:25 CEST 2009

> Dear R users,
>
> The author of Tinn-R (Jose Claudio Faria) now is co-author of
> Vim-R-plugin2, a plugin that makes it possible to send commands
> from the Vim text editor to R. We added many new key bindings,
> restructured the menu and created new Tool Bar buttons. The new
> version is available at:
>
>  http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=2628
>
>  NOTES:
>    (1) Some old key binding changed, including the shortcuts
>        to start R.
>    (2) The plugin doesn't work on Microsoft Windows yet.

<snip>

With apologies. I think I just sent a blank email to the list. In an ironic
twist of fate (since I'm writing about a modal text editor), I hit the wrong
button.

I've been playing with this for a couple of days and while I'm still getting
used to it, this plug-in does offer a compelling alternative to emacs-ess. ESS
still has some advantages, but this is a very interesting plugin.