[R] neural network arguments

CJ Rubio cjrubio at kongju.ac.kr
Wed Oct 7 16:29:11 CEST 2009

hi everyone!

my inquiry with neural network is rather basic. i am just learning neural
network, particularly the VR bundle. i read the documentations for the said
bundle but still is struggling on understanding some arguments

- x is the matrix or data frame of x values for example
   does this mean data frame for training?

- y is the matrix or data frame of target values for example
   does this mean data frame for testing?

- would fitting the single-hidden-layer NN train and test my data? what does
"fitting" really do?

i know these are very basic questions but i just started exploring NN
packages.
thanks in advance for your help!