[R] How to start R in mac with the current directory as the current working directory?

Peng Yu pengyu.ut at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 17:21:07 CEST 2009

Hi,

I installed R on mac (see below). When I start it from a terminal by
the following command, the current working directory is always '~' no
matter where my current directory is in the terminal. I'm wondering if
there is a way to make the gui R on mac inherent the current directory
from the terminal.

/Applications/R.app/Contents/MacOS/R

Regards,
Peng

R.app GUI 1.29 (5464 Tiger build 32-bit), S.Urbanek & S.M.Iacus, © R
Foundation for Statistical Computing, 2009