[R] Adapt function

Ravi Varadhan rvaradhan at jhmi.edu
Thu Oct 8 20:23:35 CEST 2009

Harold,

Try this:

ff <- function(x) x[1]*x[2]^2

adapt(2, lo = c(0,0), up = c(1,2), fun = ff)

The answer should be 4/3, since the first variable is integrated from 0 to 1 and the second variable (second-degree) is integrated from 0 to 2.

The answer is 1/3, if you do,

adapt(2, lo = c(0,0), up = c(2,1), fun = ff)

Ravi.

Ravi Varadhan, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor,
School of Medicine