[R] "ask=F" option with plot.gam

Marc Carpentier marc.carpentier at ymail.com
Thu Oct 8 22:40:45 CEST 2009

Hello.
I'd like to plot only one component smooth function of a gam model (for example the second) (library mgcv). So, I did :
plot(my.gam, select=2, ask=F)
But plot.gam doesn't seem to understand the "ask" option, so I can't deactivate the interactive plotting. I tried and failed by forcing it through :
par(ask=F)
And the "page" option of plot.gam (automatic layout) seems to be in conflit with the one "select" :
plot(my.gam, select=2, page=1) #does par(mfrow=c(2,1) (if 2 "s()" in the model) even though it plots only the second function...
Does anyone have a tip on this ?
(it's to use in a Sweave document, not just bug tracking...)
Thank you for your help.

Marc