[R] easy way to find all extractor functions and the datatypes of what they return

Robert Wilkins robstdev at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 09:21:25 CEST 2009

Am I asking for too much:
for any object that a stat proc returns  ( y <- lm( y~x) , etc ) ) , is there
a super convenient function like give_all_extractors( y ) that lists all
extractor functions , the datatype returned , and a text descriptor
field ("pairwisepval" "lsmean" etc)

That would just be so convenient.

What are my options for querying an object so that I can quickly learn
the extractor functions to pull out the data and manipulate it?
Will the datatypes returned usually be named vectors and named
matrices, indiced by categorical values in the data
( "Male" "Female"  "Placebo" "DrugB" etc )? If they are indexed by 1 ,
2 , 3 , 4 , it's easier to lose track.

thanks a bunch in advance