[R] Running R scripts from a GUI interface

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 04:59:53 CEST 2009

The last version of fgui was produced only 6 months ago so its
relatively recent and there was a JSS paper on it published during
that time frame as well.  Send an email to the fgui package maintainer
if you want to know what he intends.  The ggenericwidget function in
gWidgets is very similar fgui as already mentioned so that would give
you an alternative.

The source code to R is freely available and Writing R Extensions
manual discusses writing front ends to R but you were looking for
something simple and none of that fits in with being simple.

If you want something self contained forget about R, fgui, etc. and
use another language.