[R] DBI fetch argument ellipses?

Gerald I. Evenden geraldi.evenden at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 17:43:57 CEST 2009

Sorry, this is an R newbie question:

I have managed to sucessfully do some of the basic access of a MySQL data base
with R but I have a question about the 'fetch' function.

The documentation refers to "fetch(res, n, ...)" but never fully describes the
ellipses ("...") nor provides examples of what the field would contain.

This is a problem in both the 'help(fetch)' as well as the PDF documentation.

An expanded comment/example would be helpful.

Thank-you.

PS: this also seems to be a problem with some other function documentation.